Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Redneck Wedding

Copied and pasted from my myspace blog (sorry guys, I'm lazy like that!).


Gary and I got married July 11 by the JOP in downtown Allegan. The whole affair, including marriage license, cost us less than $40. They gave us a cute little wedding cake before the ceremony.


The bride wore black shorts, a mandarin orange nursing tank, her black maya wrap, and a pair of black teva flip-flops. The groom was dashing in his camo Old Navy shorts, orange t-shirt, and brown leather Old Navy flip-flops.


Yeah, we're a little redneck. So what. It works for us.



My biodad, his girlfriend, Ashton, and Anne Marie were all in attendance. Dad and his gf went home after the ceremony. Gary, the kidlets and I walked over to the local pub with our little wedding cake for some celebratin'. We ordered two giant draft beers and drank them while we devoured the cake. It was very yummy. I love cool-whip icing. Anne Marie tasted it and agrees it's the bomb!

After finishing our beers and cake, Gary and the boy went to the computer store next to the bar (that's my hubby, lover of all things computer!). I wore the sleeping baby into the "Rock Store" (yes, they sell ROCKS) and had the lady who owns it make me a really cool nursing necklace with an orange donut shaped polished rock. Anne Marie doesn't care for it, yet. Eh, even if she never uses it, it looks cool and only cost me five bucks.

1 comment:

  1. LOL Awesome.
    Did I ever tell you:
    , we eloped to tenn and had a hillbilly wedding.
    We rented a cabin for a few nights..
    I borrowed a friends dress,dh rented a tux- and we called this guy over He wore bib overalls and had a full beard. :)
    I figure we paid for our own honeymoon and put money towards owing a house instead of wasting it on a wedding like some of our friends did.

    ..Sometimes we cotemplate remarrying if we strike it rich..but I can always think of a million other uses for money

    ReplyDelete