Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Did Anybody Notice How Nice Ashton's Hair Looks Lately?

See the post prior to this for evidence of his shiny healthy hair. About a week ago, I bought some solid shampoo from this place, except this particular listing was on Ebay. It is Rosemary mint solid shampoo, made with goat milk. It smells very minty with a hint of herb (must be rosemary, either way it's not familiar to me). I've been washing his hair with the soap, and taking a dab of my conditioner through it afterwards to smooth his hair out (it's getting thick), then we rinse. His hair smells so good! It's also very shiny and healthy looking.

I have also been using it on my hair in an attempt to "go green". (See a previous post for my failed attempt at No 'Poo!) It works alright for me, but I really think my hair is a bit too oily for it, so I bought some different stuff (also solid, handmade, and all natural) but I will save that for another post after I try it (with pics, of course!).

Oh, and we've switched to all natural soap. I've been reading up on how bad body wash and regular shampoo is for one's skin and hair. That crap is chemical laden!!! I don't want to keep putting chemicals on my kids' skin! So, we ditched storebought cack and went all natural. I bought some soap for the baby that smells like Burt's Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk, and won a couple auctions of gourmet cold process soap for my mom (she has allergies and sensitive, dry skin) and I to share (Lemon pound cake, warm vanilla sugar, and sugared walnut; all three are very yummy smelling!). I bought two plus pounds of handmade cold process soap for less than twenty dollars. I lurve Ebay!

Ashton loves using the new soap. In fact, he doesn't complain about the shampoo bar hurting his eyes, even. I can only come to the conclusion that it is much more gentle than even the tear free baby stuff I usually use on him.

One of these days, I am going to attempt to make my own soap. I will likely start with rebatching and work my way up to cold process (after we have a house, so I can lock up my lye).

I just wish I had the money to buy cloth diapers for Princess Mia. The scarf, sadly, didn't sell. I will have to relist it closer to winter. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment