Saturday, August 26, 2006

We Have a Diaper Bag

Even though it's a little bit lopsided, it's cute.

Front



Back


I still haven't figured out how I'm going to line the Neapolitan tote. I have some fabric that is quite a bit lighter than the cocoa color in the tote, so I am not sure if it will work. I've been to several fabric stores in search of a different color fabric with which to line it, but no luck finding anything I like just yet.


Most importantly:
Yesterday really sucked, especially for my son. He took a nosedive off the back of the couch (which, admittedly, he shouldn't have been standing on to begin with) into the coffee table. What happened: my boyfriend's two boys were using the small decorative pillows on the couch to bop each other with, and my little guy wanted in on the action, so he climbed up on the back of the couch (maybe he thought he was going to jump on one of them), and before I could tell him to get down, he had already fallen and was on the floor bleeding. :-(( It happened so fast.

So, after I applied pressure long enough to slow the bleeding from the downpour it started out as, we hopped in the car and took him to Urgent Care where he got three stitches. Poor little guy. He has two black eyes today and his nose is all swollen.

I'm glad that school starts soon for the kids because my son is a walking accident waiting to happen. About a month ago, he had to have his head stapled from falling off of a chair. Just a few days ago, he climbed on the kitty litter bucket and fell on it and ripped his chin open. Sigh. What am I going to do with this boy?


Showing off his Dora bandaid. Note the squirt gun, toy pliers, and recorder stuffed into the waistband of his pants. Pardon the shirt, he just finished eating fries with ketchup.


2 comments:

  1. The bag looks awesome!

    I'm Chatty, from LJ (The World According to Chatty), you commented in my blog about finding the diaper bag pattern.

    Sounds like your son is being a typical boy there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    *Sigh* I hope my son at least outgrows the clumsy stage soon.

    ReplyDelete