Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Sundaes Neapolitan Coconuts

So, as I was knitting this bag, my boyfriend informed me that it looks like those Brach's candies that taste like coconut and are shaped like caramels. He is completely right. It looks just like these.


Before Felting


After Felting
(My son is being a kitty in case you're wondering why he is on all fours.)


I can't believe how much this bag shrunk down. Before felting, it was big enough for my son to use as a sleeping bag, and now it's the perfect size for a knitting tote. I need handles for it; I am probably going to buy the same nylon tape stuff I used for the tote bag I sewed. I am also going to line it and add some interfacing to help it stand up a little better; it's kind of floppy.

WIP
I started a diaper bag for my SIL. She's due to have a boy in November. My brother is so excited. I am making them this:

Sorry about the glare, it's a pic of a yarn label



One side is finished


As you can see, I've decided to use Berry Blue instead of Grape. The other color is Limelight. They are both Caron Simply Soft Brites. The pattern was on the label.

2 comments:

  1. That diaper bag looks like it will be really cute! So am I your first comment or what?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. For some reason, it isn't showing that I have any comments.

    ReplyDelete