Friday, August 11, 2006

My Math Skills Need Some Work

A week or two ago I decided that I needed a new tote to carry my knitting cack around in. So, I designed one using the booga pattern as a starting point. I measured, counted out a striping pattern, and figured that three balls of yarn would do it. Luckily, I bought two balls of the chestnut brown, because I ran out of the first ball on my second brown stripe. (Last week's posting shows why that happened.) This is how far I got with the one ball of petal pink:

It's almost 24 inches long now


I
need 6 more rows to complete the stripe. :-( So, I call a few yarn stores in my neighborhood, and none of them carry it. One of them doesn't carry Patons Classic Wool at all.

Okay, I'm not freaking out yet.

I decide to just go to Meijer to pick up a ball since that's the first store I found it at (it's the same color that I used in my sil's bag), and figure that while I am there I can also pick up a couple cases of Mt. Dew because it's my boyfriend's drink of choice and on sale there this week. I then get my kids ready for a trip to the yarn store and begin look for my keys.

Meanwhile, my kids are completely clothed (the boy hates wearing clothes) and waiting on my front porch -- actually behaving themselves!! I call my boyfriend to see if he, by some small miracle, left the keys somewhere in the house after he used them yesterday, only to find out that they are in his pocket (he is at work).

So here I am, stuck at home with no car keys, no petal pink Patons Classic Wool, two kids, and an almost finished tote bag. *sigh* On a positive note, my boyfriend is picking the yarn up for me on his way home from work.

Today's lesson: Always grab an extra ball of each color, just in case.

Future WIP:
Despite my prior failed attempt at making the kittyville hat from Stitch n Bitch, I am going to try again. My daughter really wants one, so hopefully it turns out this time. Cross your fingers!

2 comments:

  1. Here's a comment, just for you. *snicker*

    Your bags are really cute. I need to start doing some more.

    boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I am addicted to felted bags.

    ReplyDelete