Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Rant, My First Trip to My LYS, and an FO

The Joanne’s by my house is the worst place to shop for sewing supplies. The last time I went there, I tried to get help with finding material for a pattern. (I am a novice when it comes to my sewing machine, and I need more help than the average person.) I wandered around aimlessly for a little while, and then found an employee and asked her for assistance. She was less than helpful; in fact, she basically stared at me, blinked a couple of times, then said, “I don’t know; I don’t sew.” Well, then, why the hell are you working in a FABRIC STORE??? From now on, I will drive 20 minutes to Field’s for any fabric/sewing crap that I need. Most of the people who work there wear the clothes they’ve sewn, so I know they aren't fabric-impaired.

AND:

Until yesterday, I had never actually been inside a yarn store. I had no idea what I was missing. I thought that the yarn selection at my local Meijer was impressive. Then I found the Knitting Shack. While it’s a somewhat small store, it is packed full of yarn, needles, and other knitting supplies. And, most importantly, the people working there (I assume they owned it) are very friendly and incredibly helpful.

Finally:
I finished the felted bag I was making for my mom.


Before felting




After felting with camera flash on




In natural light/no flash

No comments:

Post a Comment