Friday, July 28, 2006

My first attempt at an original pattern

I don't think it turned out that bad, either. It's for my SO's niece, whose 6th birthday party is Saturday. I'm going to fill it with girly stuff (hair ties, lip gloss, etc.) before we give it to her.

Before felting




After felting and blocking



This is what is on my needles currently.



A booga made with Noro Kureyon Color 166. Since I took this picture, I've finished the bag and have about a foot of the i-cord completed. I don't really care for the texture of this yarn. It's rough and the thickness varies throughout the skein. Also, the colors (even though all three skeins are from the same dye lot) are different. The green on the bottom of the bag never showed up in the other two skeins of yarn. But, I just had to have a bag made from Noro Kureyon. For my defense, it was on sale - 45% off! I think that from now on, I will stick with Patons Classic wool for felted bags.

I also started the kittyville hat from Stitch n Bitch. I will post a pic when it's finished; it's going very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment