Sunday, May 31, 2009

Going Back in Time!

To simply torture myself, I suppose, I am going to (finally) post the recipe for my favorite dessert (which I will not be able to eat unless I can figure out how to make gluten free angel food cake, any ideas?).

Ingredients Needed:
1 angel food cake (I'm lazy and buy pre-made)
2 packages vanilla or cheesecake flavored instant pudding (I use sugar free, fat free)
2 packages strawberry or strawberry banana Jello (I use sugar free)
1 bag frozen strawberries or equivalent of fresh
Cool whip topping

Directions:

Break angel food cake into bite sized pieces and line 9 X 13 pan evenly (I prefer a glass pan)



Prepare pudding according to directions:




Pour over cake pieces:




Put in fridge for 1/2 hour or so to partially set. Meanwhile, prepare jello reducing cold water to 1 cup instead of 2. Cut strawberries into bite sized pieces (like below)



Add jello to strawberries:



Remove cake and pudding from fridge. Stab evenly with fork (the jello will soak in these holes). Pour jello over it.



It's not supposed to float like that! I must not have stabbed it enough on that side! (still tasted good, though). Put in fridge for a couple hours or overnight. Cut into pieces and serve with huge dollop of cool whip! (sorry, no pic, as it's still on my camera and I have no usb cord atm, will add later!)

And the finished product should look roughly like this! Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Mom make something simiar- more layered and in a big glass punch bowl (almost)-for the family reunion. it is soo good and looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete