Monday, July 28, 2008

No 'Poo Day One

So, I've been hearing a lot about this "no 'poo" thing. Basically, shampoo is bad for your hair. It strips away the natural oils which would otherwise keep your hair healthy, shiny, and strong. Conditioner undoes 9nly some of the damage that shampoo does. Shampoo is basically highly perfumed detergent. Interesting way to look at it, eh?

I first heard about going 'poo free about five months ago, on a thread at Breastfeeding.com. I thought, "There's no way that my curly hair can go without shampoo." After much debating, I have decided to take the leap. OMG, I am one step closer to being crunchy!!!!

Day one of no 'poo, and my hair feels okay. This evening I rinsed my hair and massaged my scalp (it felt great!) and then conditioned the ends so I could comb through it.

I still plan on using my Curls Rock Amplifier! :-p


Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment